Lake County Commmission on Public Records
The Lake County Commission on Public Records deals with issues related to retention and destruction of public records as defined in IC 5-15-5.1-14:
"A public official or agency may not mutilate, destroy, sell, loan, or otherwise dispose of any government record, except under a record retention schedule or with the written consent of the commission."
Please note that we DO NOT provide copies of public records to the public.
These departments provide information as follows:
- Assessor: Property and Tax Records
- Clerk: Court Records, Traffic Tickets and Marriage Records
- Health Dept: Birth Records, Death Certificates
- Plan Commission: Licenses and Permits
- Recorder: Deeds, Mortgages, Liens, Releases, Leases, Articles of Incorporation, Assumed Business Names, Military Discharges, Subdivision Plats, UCC's (Uniform Commercial Code filings)
- Treasurer: Tax payments, receipts
More information at website http://www.in.gov/icpr
Marissa J. McDermott
Judge, Lake Circuit Court
Dr. Teresa A. Eineman
Superintendent, Crown Schools
Lake County Auditor
Secretary (Lake County Recorder)
Kyle W. Allen, Sr.
President, Board of Commissioners